Emergency Dental Services
What should you do if an accident happens?
Patients experiencing a dental emergency should call our office immediately for assistance.
If you have a serious medical or dental emergency that cannot wait, please call 911 immediately or visit your nearest hospital’s emergency room. Please do not hesitate! Depending on severity, acting quickly in the event of an emergency could have a significant impact on whether or not a tooth can be “saved,” or re-implanted, in certain cases.
Examples of Dental Emergencies
- Knocked-Out Tooth/Teeth
- Fractured or Broken Teeth
- Swollen Tongue or Lip
- Cracked Tooth
- Sports Injuries
What should I do if my tooth is knocked out – permanent?
- Keep the tooth moist at all times
- If possible, place tooth back in it’s socket without touching the root. If this is not possible, place the tooth in milk.
- Contact us to see a dentist immediately!
What should I do if my (child’s) tooth is knocked out – baby tooth?
- Locate the tooth and keep it moist
- Contact us and schedule appointment to determine if the entire tooth came out
What should I do if my child bit his/her lip after leaving the dentist?
- Clean the area with water and apply a cold compress to reduce swelling
- Pain medication can be given for pain as prescribed by your child’s pediatrician
- If excessive bleeding occurs, contact us as soon as possible or visit to the emergency room
What should I do if my child cracks a tooth?
- Rinse with warm water
- Apply cold compress to reduce swelling
- Call us to schedule an appointment as soon as possible
My child plays sports – what can I do to prevent a dental emergency?
- Wear a mouth guard while your child is playing sports or any type of recreational activity. This will help prevent oral injuries to the teeth, mouth, cheeks, tongue, and jaw.
Latest News On Our Podcast & Blog: The Think Tank
From Great Danes to geckos, we adore every animal here at Tebo! That’s why we’re honoring a new pet pal every month. Now let’s get
Here at Tebo, our team makes magic, memories, and laughter every single day. Team, you’re awesome! So every month, we’re showcasing one team member’s secret